MoskiShield Mosquito Repellent Patch

If you are looking for a “safe and effective” mosquito repellent patch, don’t bother with MoskiShield. It didn’t work for me.

The first time I tried this was in my room. The label said “each patch protects you from mosquito bites for up to 24 hours. So I put two patches on the bedposts near my feet. The scent wafted from the patches and I slept securely, not worrying about mosquitoes. Next day, I still had mosquito bites around my ankles.

I had a lot of patches left, so the next day I attached another one at the bottom hem of my shorts before I went out to feed my dogs. I was expecting to get mosquito bites on my upper arms or even around my face and neck because I didn’t put a patch on my shirt. Guess what? I had mosquito bites on my legs.

I put more patches on the legs of my study table so that I could work comfortably. Nope, still didn’t work. Inside my closet they went: three patches on the sleeves of my shirts that were still on their hangers. I saw a couple of mosquitoes just dancing around, not bothering to avoid them.

Worse, after 5 days I was starting to develop asthma from the highly concentrated essential oils saturating the air in my room. There were two patches on my bedpost, two under my working table, and three inside my closet. Even after several days, the scent was not completely gone from the first couple of patches that I slapped on my bedposts.

Enough was enough. I stripped my room of all of them, bought a plug-in mosquito repellent that I left on during the day to drive the mosquitoes away without me having to inhale it. My mom bought a can of insect spray and sprayed the entire house. That night, I comfortably slept. The mosquitoes were gone.

No comments: